Our flexible workplace is continuously evolving to ensure all employees feel:
- Comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- Confident that they will be treated respectfully.
- Recognized for their performance and provided with equal opportunities to succeed.
At Argo, skill meets opportunity. If you’re wired to raise your hand and ask, “Where can I help?”, you’ll thrive with us.
Argo Group currently has a challenging opportunity for an Account Analyst to work remotely or near our San Antonio, TX office. This self-motivated individual will support the billing and collection activities within the Accounting Department and report to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists offshore team with process and review of Accounts Receivable statements for timely submission to Agent or Insured.
- Provide timely and responsive service to business requests both internally and externally utilizing the highest standards of customer service.
- Continuous follow-up with Agents, Underwriting and Claims for timely resolution for billing discrepancies.
- Collection of outstanding Accounts Receivable balances.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable Aging.
- Research and clearing of unapplied balances.
- Perform various weekly and month-end reconciliations.
- Complete management reports as needed.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline is preferred (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, etc.).
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently within a team setting.
- Property & Casualty insurance industry experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
The base salary range provided below is for hires in those geographic areas only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. In addition to base salary, all employees are eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance as well as a generous benefits package.
Colorado outside of Denver metro, Maryland, Nevada, and Rhode Island Pay Ranges:
California outside of San Francisco metro area, Connecticut, Denver metro area, Washington State, and New York State (including Westchester County) Pay Ranges:
New York City and San Francisco metro areas Pay Ranges:
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, offers frequent, integrated communication and values authentic recognition of excellence. View our 2022 Environmental, Social & Governance Report to learn more about Argo.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
The collection of your personal information is subject to our HR Privacy Notice
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include dental, disability, life insurance, medical, and vision insurance, matching 401(k) retirement savings, generous paid time off (21 days of PTO, 11 paid company holidays, 3 floating holidays and a paid voluntary day), paid caregiver and parental leave, paid bereavement, jury duty/court appearances, and military (up to 14 days) leave, employee assistance program (EAP), and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training “Top 125” Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that results in approximately 25% of all new hires annually.