The Account Director is responsible for supervising her/his account teams and their resources. Central to the Account Director’s responsibility is ensuring strategic integrity and training the account team in this regard. The individual is responsible for the development of ongoing business on their accounts.
Identify opportunities to grow existing business and actively participate in new business pitches. Oversee the development of business/marketing strategy for the client(s).
Monitor and evaluate the competitive landscape to prove senior-level strategic insights. Engage with senior-level clients and continue an ongoing relationship development. Identify opportunities for account growth.
Supervise and provide mentorship for team members. Encourage training opportunities as needed.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the team (or multiple teams) on strategic/business development and tactical implementation.
• Develop, author, and present business plans.
• Coordinate and prioritize activities amongst accounts.
• Identify and proactively respond to needs that arise as well as lead longer-term planning.
• Train, develop, and appropriately delegate to the account team.
• Encourage and provide growth and development to Account Supervisor, Account Executive, and Assistant Account Executive.
• Provide direction and supervise team on implementation, including the development of strategically sound agendas for key events.
• Develop and manage staffing plans to ensure appropriate resource allocation and utilization.
• Oversee contract development and overall budget development and approval.
• Liaise with internal senior managers, scientific services, medical education, finance, etc. to ensure optimal client satisfaction, business development, and income potential.
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
Emphasizes the broader, longer-term vision and values as a means of guiding decisions and actions
Is able to establish and maintain rapport and build relationships with another.
Relevant Industry Experience
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
We are providing you with this job description as a guideline for your role. Based on your team, your role may vary slightly and you may perform other duties or have other responsibilities that are dictated by business needs. However, if you think that there are elements of this job description that are inaccurate, please speak with your manager and/or HR Partner.
In addition, this job description is not intended to include modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation for a disability.
The salary range for this position is noted within this job posting. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
For U.S. Job Seekers
It is the policy of IPG and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.