Account Executive, Key Accounts Team (Hybrid Opportunity)
Our client’s team is a dynamic group of individuals driven by innovation and dedicated to providing an unparalleled client experience. Our client is seeking a standout leader in the healthcare industry as an Account Executive within their Key Accounts division. In this role, you will excel at strategic account development and provide top-notch service to their existing clients. Additionally, you’ll work closely with their Benefit Consultants to uncover new business opportunities.
As an Account Executive, you’ll take the lead on client accounts and offer comprehensive support to maintain, expand, and serve the unique needs of each client. Your responsibilities will include strengthening client relationships through effective communication, conducting face-to-face meetings, and delivering compelling presentations. You’ll need to demonstrate advanced knowledge of the healthcare industry and trends while proactively addressing client needs and solving complex problems.
- Act as the primary day-to-day point of contact for their clients.
- Develop and manage annual client service calendars and issue resolution monitoring.
- Collaborate with Benefit Consultants to design and implement long-term strategies aligned with client goals.
- Foster strong relationships with carrier and actuarial partners to ensure successful outcomes.
- Work with Financial Analysts to provide detailed plan design analysis for informed decision-making.
- Assist in the new business sales process, including RFP preparation and proposal presentations.
- Ensure compliance by reviewing SPDs, contracts, and legal documents.
- Oversee the implementation of new plan designs and optimize current plans for clients.
- Coordinate employee communication and engagement, including open enrollment presentations and educational materials.
- Collaborate with account managers to resolve service issues, including eligibility, billing, and claims.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Life and Health Insurance State License (Required)
- Professional Certification (GBA, PHR, CLU, CEBS, CBP) (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of insurance carrier and/or insurance brokerage experience
- Advanced knowledge of Health and Welfare plans, including HMO, PPO, CDHP, and Ancillary Coverage such as Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Dental, Vision, etc.
- Strong understanding of health and welfare plan regulations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and achieve objectives with minimal supervision
- Strong judgment and a proactive approach to taking responsibility for results
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional relationship management and customer service skills
Our client’s firm is the result of successful mergers of high-performing, entrepreneurial firms, making them one of the largest privately held Employee Benefits firms in the nation. They maintain their independent thinking and values while serving clients nationally. With $158 million in annual revenues and over 750 employees across 40 offices in 15 states, they offer a wealth of opportunities for growth and development.
Deerfield, IL and Chicago, IL