At Quaker Houghton, we are experts in the development, production and application of industrial process fluids, lubricants and coatings for the manufacturing industry. We have been an integral part in the growth of the world’s largest industrial and manufacturing companies from aerospace and automotive to primary metal and energy. Today, we have a global presence, with our corporate headquarters located in Conshohocken, PA. Quaker Houghton is a global publicly traded company with a unique collaborative culture that supports career growth for its associates and offers competitive compensation and benefit programs.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for managing and developing existing accounts through a solutions selling approach, building customer intimacy; and gaining new business throughout Texas, ensuring revenue and margin growth are in line with sales targets and company strategy.
This role requires extensive travel to customer sites and company offices/laboratories for required meetings (75%+).
What will you do?
- Deliver profitable sales growth. Maintain and develop existing accounts by promoting ways of improving overall contribution, selling new product lines, customer solutions and share of wallet gains.
- Identify and pursue potential new and existing business opportunities.
- Introduce new products and cost reduction programs to aid customer processes.
- Collaborate with all commercial team functions to meet customer expectations and objectives.
- Identify prospects and assess product needs while supporting product development and research ideas.
- Responsible for initiating sales and pricing negotiations to achieve margins at desired levels.
- Manage and maintain updated CRM, including pipeline, prospects and account plans, to enable business decisions and execution.
- Provide inputs into budget and forecast processes and own annual budget commitment.
- Comply with all Company Policies: including but not limited to Code of Conduct and expense reporting, etc.
- Ownership of individual development plan (IDP) as agreed upon with direct line manager.
- Implement and drive an internal value based selling approach through the customer engagement and account management process.
What do we look for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or any relevant business related area required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of B2B sales or relevant industry experience.
- Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting customer expectations and requirements.
- Results Driven – Holds self and others accountable for achieving performance objectives.
- Relationship Management – internal and external.
- Strong collaboration and influence skills.
- Innovation – Demonstrates creative thinking, fosters an environment that encourages out-of-box thinking and openness to new ideas.
- Business Acumen – understand business fundamentals.
- Analytical & Problem Solver – Analyzes situations and makes informed decisions with courage and conviction.
- Strong Communication Skills – written, verbal, active listening, influence, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
What’s in it for you
- Competitive pay programs with excellent career growth trajectory
- Paid time off for volunteerism
- Dress for your day; how you dress is determined by what your day may bring
- Opportunity to participate in comprehensive benefit options including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Parental Leave, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, and Savings Plan