* We are seeking an Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist for our location in Joppa, MD USA*
Bizerba is a market leading provider of weighing and slicing technologies for industry and trade and is a worldwide leading specialist in industrial weighing and labeling technologies. We currently employ over 4,500 people across the globe, and we are present in more than 120 countries around the world. We have a strong focus on extensive training and company growth for our employees. With more than 1,000 technicians and specialists as well as numerous service partners, we can offer our customers the right support in every stage of the product life cycle of their equipment and systems – regionally: simply and quickly. This is an opportunity to join an organization who is a leader in our industry and be a part of our growing Service team.
We are seeking an entry-level Collections Specialist to support our Bizerba portfolio solutions to customers. A successful AR Specialist will have a customer focused attitude, attention to detail, drive continuous improvement projects, be a self-starter, and be able to build a culture of quality. Please be advised this is an onsite position.
What will you do in this role?
- Collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced, goal-oriented collections department
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process, and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts including customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write offs, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate and follow up effectively with the Sales Department regarding customer accounts in a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers and sales.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Send monthly delinquency notices.
- Manage customers on the blocked report.
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due.
- Provide excellent and considerate service to customers and sales.
- Internal and external customer interface
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics.
- Reviewing/establishing new and existing customer accounts for credit worthiness
- Maintaining and updating proper customer information in SAP
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
What will you need to bring to the table to be successful in this role?
- High School Diploma, GED, Trade Degree, or equivalent experience
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Familiarity with account reconciliation techniques to ensure accuracy in financial records.
- Knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify errors or discrepancies.
- Effective communication skills for interacting with customers and internal teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete task in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to utilize strong organizational skills.
- Problem-solving skills to include both analytical and creative thinking.
- Accounts receivable knowledge/experience
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Why work for us?
· Competitive salary from $50,000/yearly
· Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision) effective at 30 days.
· 401K eligibility after 60 days up to 3.5% company match
· Paid vacation and PTO
· Short/Long Term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Flex Spending and Health Savings Accounts
· Employee assistance programs
· Day shift Mon-Fri, NO WEEKENDS!
At Bizerba, we bring together the traditional values of a family-run company and the international career development opportunities of a globally operating group. That is what we call “Bizerba Open World”, and we are looking forward to developing this further, together with you.