Creating A Healthier Way of Living
Rinnai America Corporation is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water and the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US. We have a commitment to our employees and a strong, accountable culture with a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America Corporation (RAC) is looking for RAC-STARS! Check out why Rinnai is the hottest place to work https://www.rinnai.us/about/why-rinnai.
What does a Business Development Manager do at Rinnai?
- Responsible for creating and execute residential R&R strategy and programs among regional plumbers and Contractors in the specified regional area to expand Rinnai’s profitable market share
- Coordinate with the territory managers, District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Director to ensure team is effectively maximizing opportunities to achieve corporate objectives.
- Territory: You will manage a territory that includes Southern Conn: New haven, Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, New Canaan, and surrounding areas.
What You Will Do:
HIGH VALUE SELLING:
- Identify, establish, and develop new R&R Dealers in key regional markets.
- Develop strong relationships with Dealers at all levels of their business focusing on quality strategic plumbers to support the Ace and Ace Pro dealer strategy.
- Maintain strong working relationships with Distributor personnel within assigned geography.
- Travel in assigned Territory to support sales targets and responsibilities. Time and expenses to be managed based on needs and expectations of specified area.
- Effectively utilize Negotiation Skills to obtain the best outcome for Rinnai in all sales opportunities.
- Achieves Annual Territory Sales Budgets
- Provide critical insight for Dealer to utilize Rinnai dealer portal.
- Provide, sell, and educate Dealers on tools to promote Rinnai products – product support, sales promotions, marketing and merchandising materials and advertising opportunities.
- Organize/conduct dealer/end-user education sales and product information trainings.
- Use all necessary information on new/existing end-user customers, markets, competition, and product/service performance and use to help dealers develop and execute their market strategy.
- Build strong relationships with Dealers at all levels of their business.
- Develop and execute a strategy with existing dealers to promote and sell Rinnai products and services.
- Monitor and analyze field sales reports, interpret results, and take corrective action to achieve sales targets. This includes all marketing coop campaigns run in conjunction with the Dealer.
- Accuracy and functionality of pricing/discounting proposals submitted to Regional Sales Director.
- Develop with District Sales Manager programs to drive market share growth.
- Work with both the District Sales Manager and Territory Sales Managers to develop market specific literature and product support assets.
- Use initiative in handling dealer problems, complaints, and warranty issues. Resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Identify and gather information on customer complaints and work towards resolution with Engineering, Tech Department.
- Identify dealer problems, complaints, and warranty issues and clearly communicate to engineering, Tech Department for case initiation and resolution.
- Create effective timeline for Engineering and Tech to reach resolution of product issue.
- Identify and address field product performance/quality issues by gathering information and submitting to Engineering and Tech Department to initiate escalation process. This will include support in interacting with Rinnai’s Engineering group and Tech Dept in gathering necessary information on potential product performance/quality issues.
- Develop a comprehensive strategic plan while setting achievement milestones that can be reviewed quarterly with the support of the District Sales Manager.
- Provide monthly a detailed account of all training, competitive intelligence, product requirements, and pertinent information as prescribed by Director of Sales and as outlined the Market Summary Document Template.
- General Regional administrative reporting
- Quarterly Market Summaries
- Timely T&E expense submission
- Quarterly review of progress and set achievement milestones.
- Logs in training classes to meet Territory training metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree that presents business acumen for client engagement and development success.
- High capability to work with C suite decision makers to gain successful alignment.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated sales skills working with construction products or similar industry.
- Experience with effective and efficient client development, management, and direct selling.
- Understanding of local plumbing codes and product applications.
- Consultative selling that aligns industry knowledge, product applications, competitive products to successful dealer alignment and revenue growth.
- Financial acumen to support dealer in profitable investments for both dealer and Rinnai.
- High capability working with Distribution accounts that support the dealer supply chain.
- Proven client engagement ability via Consultative selling and
- Problem solving.
- Proven ability to deal with assigned customer groups and to negotiate appropriate outcomes.
- Proven ability to organize specific workloads effectively and align key priorities.
- High level of analytical and administrative skills including report writing and formulation and understanding of business reports
- Proven technical ability and desire to effectively market directly to each unique segment and their plumber/ supplier partners.
- Capable of presenting and managing Marketing campaigns with successful ROI to ACE and Pro client.
- Effective use of Rinnai tools such as CRM, Cobblestone, Project Manager.
- Client relationship builder
- Ability to align as team player within local and Regional/National business team.
- Action oriented.
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Self – motivated and confident
- Expresses Initiative, commitment, and achievement orientation
- Ability to develop sound business planning process.
- Ability to present technical products to various size groups.
- Ability to accept challenges, evaluate best options and act in a timely manner
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Operating motor vehicles.
- Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
- High/Low temperatures.
- Noisy Environments.
- Outdoor elements.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for Medical and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Floating Holidays (FH)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Incentive Plan (AIP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Paid Volunteer Community Service Day
- Tobacco and Drug-Free Campuses
- Employee, family, and friend’s discount
Rinnai America Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.