Effective Date: Immediate
Reports to: Vice President of Member Development
Annual Salary: $90,000 – $115,000 Base plus Bonus Opportunity
Weekly Hours: 40, FLSA Exempt, Remote or Flex
Department: Business Development
Travel Required: 40% Estimated Travel
NetPlus Alliance is a fifth-generation, family-owned business based in Lockport, NY that serves a national network of industrial and construction distributors and manufacturers. Recognized by Buffalo Business First as a Fast Track Company and Top Private Company, and a three-time finalist for the University at Buffalo ‘Fast 46’ award, NetPlus achieved record growth in 2022.
The NetPlus Team values our collaborative culture and generous benefits, including paid time off, flex- and hybrid work options, 401K match, company bonus plan and more.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and generating new business opportunities to drive growth and profitability with NetPlus members. This role involves building strong relationships with existing members and collaborating with internal teams to ensure the successful execution of business development initiatives. This individual will have proven industry success in business development, sales, or related role. This position will require National travel to company, industry, and member events as well as visits to our member’s facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and Maintain Member Relationships:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with members, providing solutions to meet their challenges
- Conduct presentations to potential members, showcasing the benefits of the company’s services
- Identify New Business Opportunities:
- Generate leads and identify new business opportunities through various resources, including networking, industry events, and inquiries
- Conduct market research to identify potential new members and emerging trends
- Monitor market conditions and activities to identify areas of strategic business growth.
- Stay updated with industry best practices, providing insight and recommendations to NetPlus leadership
- Business Development Strategies:
- Collaborate with executive team to define sales and revenue goals and develop strategies to achieve them
- Identify key decision-makers and stakeholders in target companies and establish relationships to explore potential partnerships and collaborations.
- Collaborate with Internal Teams:
- Work closely with the NetPlus Marketing Team to develop effective strategies and campaigns that support business development initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure member satisfaction and strategic goal execution
Education and Experience:
- 5-8 years of experience in a business development, sales, or related role, preferably in a similar industry or market.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent industry specific experience.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, marketing techniques, and business development strategies
- Excellent business/financial acumen with an understanding of core business principles
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with NetPlus Alliance members.
- Proactive and results-oriented mindset, with the ability to work independently
- Proficient in using CRM software and other relevant business tools
- Experience with, and a willingness to, travel as required for Company events, meetings, industry gatherings and member visits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of integrity; possesses an honest and strong work ethic and respect for others
- A team-oriented and collaborative mindset to drive optimal results and achieve company goals
- Positive, energetic, self-reliant, and agile thinker.
- Strong project management skills with a high level of accuracy; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Resourceful, able to adapt and enhance capabilities and processes.
- Self-starter with an ability problem solve
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
NetPlus Alliance Benefits Summary:
- Collaborative culture and modern office environment
- (13) Paid Holidays plus (2) Paid Floating Holidays
- 120 hours (15 days) of Paid Time Off with an increase after the first year of employment
- 40 hours of Paid Sick Time
- 16 hours of Paid Community Service Leave
- 401K 5% Safe Harbor Match
- Flex- and Hybrid work schedule
- Half-day Fridays*
- Company Performance bonus of up to 25% of Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits with HSA contribution for eligible plans
- Paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Virtual and live team activities, team lunch & dinners, happy hours, service days and more
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- Family-business with a family atmosphere that respects and cultivates the development of all team members