Reports to: Business Development Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Established in 1967, ISEC Incorporated has continually delivered innovative and custom interior finish solutions in world-class facilities as a commercial construction subcontractor through a national footprint of more than 1,500 exceptional professionals.
For more information on ISEC, please visit our website: www.isecinc.com.
If your love of building relationships is only outweighed by your passion for building construction, a career with ISEC in Business Development is the place for you! This role will be the face of ISEC as the main POC with the customer, working to build and maintain strong relationships with current and potential clients in the commercial construction industry. This position is responsible for Business Development and Sales of all ISEC scopes of work, particularly laboratory furniture and lab/medical equipment projects targeting private, commercial, college/university, hospitality, event center, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotech and government markets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for achieving regional sales, profit and revenue goals and objectives.
- Serve as the direct point of contact with General Contractors, construction managers, owners, architects and end-users in a given territory.
- Develop and maintain client relationships to the highest level possible.
- Expand our reach by promoting ISEC to the architectural community and closely following projects through to sale.
- Extensive client networking through customer meetings, industry events & participation in local construction affiliations.
- Creatively reach out to current and potential clients to schedule lunch & learns, meet and greets, and other ways to stay relevant to customer needs.
- Perform formal Sales presentations to clients.
- Assess project risks, logistics, contract documents, vendor, subcontractor and competitors to build overall sales strategy.
- Develop and communicate strategies utilizing internal teams to minimize risk and maximize profit and closure opportunities.
- Facilitate bid proposal and document controls throughout sales life cycle and provide proper turnover to estimating and operations.
- Prepare and finalize bid proposals to clients.
- Negotiate ISEC’s project Terms and Conditions into final contract.
- Provide pre-construction architectural assistance and budget support to clients.
- Perform all necessary project follow-up, status tracking, closure and price recaps.
- May perform other duties as required or directed.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Qualifications Experience, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management.
- 5 years of experience selling or estimating laboratory casework equipment.
- Have established General Contractor contacts in similar field.
- Extensive knowledge of large commercial construction practices
- Excellent track record of negotiating, relationship building and closing construction sales opportunities
- Developing the ability to close, estimate and negotiate work independently
- Able to travel regularly around the region.
- General Construction or specific subcontracting construction knowledge.
- Proven track record of negotiating skills, relationship building and closing construction sales opportunities.
- Knowledge of how to identify and contact key individuals as well as how to personalize approach in various circumstances.
- Able to listen to customer needs and identify ways that we can meet them.
- Passion for customer service and meeting needs creatively in a way that benefits the customer and the company.
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Bluebeam and PowerPoint.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of Construction experience or experience in a related field
- At least 2 years of experience in the construction industry.
- 5+ years of experience selling services, with a proven track record of high-volume sales.
Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding service – both with internal and external customers
- Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can)
- Listens well, asks clarifying questions, and checks for agreement with customers
- Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner
- Strong sense of accountability – ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do
- Creates a personal connection with customers – smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful
- Positive attitude
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our web site:www.isecinc.com.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS:In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Information to the Applicant: I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.