Our client is one of the most well-respected distributors and retail marketers of beauty products in North America. They provide manufacturers with a customizable distribution platform and expertise to expand retail sales without having to invest in Sales, Analytics, Retail Marketing, and Operations infrastructure.
They are currently in a growth phase of their business, and are launching their very first owned brand into the market!
*Please note we can only consider candidates on the east coast or mid-west for this role*
Scope of Position:
The Category Analyst (CPG) will report to the VP of Sales Insights and Analytics. This position will partner with Sales, Marketing and internal teams by providing category insights, market analytics and trade/promotion reporting as needed. This will require exceptional storytelling, analytical skills, and strong collaboration with other functions to drive category strategy. Must have experience working with syndicated data, IRI, Nielsen, Spins, etc. Working with a portfolio of beauty brands, you will assist in creating category review presentations, strengthen our knowledge on the trends and changes of the categories we play in and ensure we have the right product and promotional activities in place. You will assist with weekly/monthly reporting that is distributed throughout the entire organization as well as external reports to our clients.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze and provide insights based on consumption data and shopper insights
- Provide the organization with fact-based insights that will accelerate sales
- Develop key reports to monitor business performance and key trends
- Analyze customer and consumer opportunities and provide actionable recommendations
- Analyze effectiveness, efficiency, and ROI of all promotions
- Update and action monthly category reviews for internal and external review
- Prepare and update reports for weekly, monthly, or quarterly distribution: consumption reports, IRI, etc.
- EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES AS REQUESTED WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DUTIES ARE LISTED IN ANY WRITTEN JOB DESCRIPTION.
Experience Level Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, analytics, marketing, or other-business-related field.
- Minimum 2 years CPG experience working with syndicated data
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and organize information from syndicated data sources to develop meaningful insights
- IRI/Nielsen data prior experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, small company
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong project management skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Understands the moving components and “quirks” of the retail business
- Ability to fully utilize all Microsoft Office software at an expert level, including Excel (Pivot Tables, advanced formulas, etc.) in the Office 365 environment
- Highly analytical with an interest in growing skill sets to be able to identify, recommend and implement solutions to business issues.
- Strong interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
- Displays a drive, commitment and sense of urgency that inspires others to achieve results.
- Ability to thrive in a small highly entrepreneurial environment with cross functional teams.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Must want to contribute to developing the culture of a small, developing organization.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and efficient.
- Has excellent business judgment and acumen that goes beyond the analytics perspective.
- Team player; has an outstanding reputation as a person of integrity and ethics.