Groundbreaker. Game changer. Pioneer.
TRC has long set the bar for clients who require more than just engineering, combining science with the latest technology to devise innovative solutions that stand the test of time. From pipelines to power plants, roadways to reservoirs, schoolyards to security solutions, clients look to TRC for breakthrough thinking backed by the innovative follow-through of an industry leader.
TRC’s professionals work with a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients and the communities they serve. We deliver breakthrough solutions that address local needs — so our clients can better succeed in an ever-changing world.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
TRC is seeking a Client Relationship Manager for our Infrastructure Sector in Northern California. Responsible for helping to nurture clients and capture business for Roadway/ Highway/Bridge, Water/ Wastewater, Rail/Transit markets, with a focus on services that support the project lifecycle, from planning to design and construction management. The Client Relationship Manager will focus on growing the firm’s clientele and business opportunities within the broader Northern California region. The individual will continue to develop the client base, maintain existing client relationships, and manage a variety of pursuits.
- Lead the development and growth of strategic relationships with target clients and teaming partners that align with core and growth markets.
- Serve as a key focus point of the firm in the Northern California region for external marketing engagements, with support and guidance from dedicated business development and marketing staff.
- Participate on pursuits including proposal development, preparation of company materials, event planning and help maintain strong relationships with key leaders.
- Gather, interpret and act upon CIP data for federal, state, and local government clients to develop a pipeline of potential targets, using Salesforce as a primary CRM and planning tool.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of qualified opportunities to increase win rate and grow key accounts and overall backlog.
- Work with technical leads and project managers throughout the entire lifecycle of strategic pursuits, from identification and opportunity qualification, to capture management and pre-proposal activities, through proposal development and final opportunity capture.
- Identify and develop relationships with key client decision makers. Facilitate meetings between client decision makers and key practice leaders.
- Plan approaches, working with team, to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Cross-sell and increase business from current accounts. Working with other company project managers and sales professionals on developing efficient retention strategies for new and existing clients.
- Participate in and provide input on strategic growth initiatives to expand client base regionally.
- Attend relevant conferences, including event planning, booth attendance, and setting up client meetings/dinners/events. This would include local CEAC, APWA, Focus on the Future, and LCC conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, marketing, or related field of study OR certification as a CPSM from SMPS.
- 10+ years’ experience in client management and/or sales and business development for consulting engineering, architecture, construction management or related field.
- Experience developing relationships with federal, state, and local government clients is highly desirable.
- Existing relationships with developers, contractors, A/E firms, and government decision makers is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively work with diverse technical teams focused on different services and end markets.
- Experience developing and making presentations to clients on diverse subject matter.
- Experience in managing a sales pipeline through all stages of an opportunity.
- Demonstrated track record of developing new clients.
- Experience in preparing proposals.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have the ability to interface well with and develop a rapport and positive relationships with clients, teaming partners, and company employees.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM, Adobe Suite, PowerPoint and MS Office software.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.