The Santa Cruz Warriors are looking for an upbeat and hardworking Coordinator to support our community relations efforts, events and administrative work. This position reports to the Director, Public and Community Relations.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based onsite in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Build, maintain and expand community partnerships that align with our strategic priorities
- Collaborate cross departmentally and with external partners to implement programs that meet the goals of all stakeholders (e.g., the team, community partners and corporate sponsors)
- Manage key programming and initiatives across community relations, partnerships, grassroots, youth programming and special events (i.e., event creation, set up and execution, tear down, etc.)
- Track, evaluate and report on the impact of our programming to strengthen our initiatives
- Oversee community related online content development and execution, including website and donation program
- Support community relations game-day activations, hospitality and fundraising events as needed
- Assist with events at Kaiser Permanente Arena, such as season ticket member and partner events, concerts, shows, etc.
- Support all business operations duties in the office, including office supply inventory, ordering, mail sorting, etc.
- Serve as liaison to Golden State Warriors People Operations team in the development of new strategies and opportunities for our organization relating to brand positioning and equity
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of community relations or equivalent experience
- Ability to think creatively and outside-the-box when pursuing media coverage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, service and resolution skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment without constant supervision
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays according to game/event schedule
- $20.00 per hour + Bonus
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Employer 401K match
- Vacation, Summer Half-Day Fridays and a generous paid time off plan for pregnancy and parental leaves
- Warriors home tickets, team store discount and more!
Santa Cruz Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment