Created by a team of busy parents, professionals, cooks, and food-lovers who care about what we eat, how we live, and where our food comes from, Gardyn designs and develops high density, intelligent, plug-n-play vertical gardens for the cultivation of top-quality produce anywhere, all year, and in any climate.
Featured as TIME’S Invention of the Year, our indoor vertical Gardyns improve lifestyle, health, and the environment by providing tasty, affordable, nutritious greens and fruits without sacrificing design, space, or resources. With already producing over 2 million pounds of Gardyn produce with no pesticide, no waste and 95% less water, we are here to help shape the future of food by leveraging new technologies, for less impact on the environment and giving access to healthy, tasty, nutritious food to all.
- Radical Candor: It is not about being right or wrong or saving face. What we care most about is to make the right decisions for the company.
- Freedom and Responsibility: Everybody at Gardyn is an adult and should be able to make the best decisions on their own with the best interest of the company in mind.
- Impact: We want to move the needle big time in everything we do, on the way the company is working, our business, our customers.
- Transparency and Collaboration: We care deeply for our customers, our colleagues, and for all that we are doing, how and why. It is not about ourselves, it is about what we want to accomplish as an organization.
Your Purpose: Shape and Develop Gardyn’s CRE (Commercial Real Estate) business, starting with pilots in the DC area while ensuring successful account management and growing the business both within the existing clients and acquiring new ones.
Gardyn’s CRE solutions and in particular the “Gardyn Office Experience” is an innovative tenant amenity that combines urban farming, sustainability, and community engagement. In-office Gardyns grow fresh herbs, vegetables, and microgreens while fostering a sense of community through various interactive events and digital content.
To nail your job you will:
- Implement first pilots at client locations and ensure Gardyn’s installations are functioning properly, well taken care of in a timely fashion and looking beautiful, with the support of collaboration of Gardyn’s various departments
- Organize, execute and attend events to engage tenants and promote The Gardyn Experience
- Analyze client’s feedback and assess their engagement level to fine-tune the service offerings accordingly
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with clients
- Implement and manage communications plans for each client, keeping them updated about Gardyn developments and potential opportunities
- Address any client issues that arise promptly and professionally, ensuring client satisfaction
- Identify upselling and cross-selling opportunities to grow the business within existing clients, and turn them into strong references
- Identify potential outreach opportunities to acquire new clients and grow the business in the DC metro area
- Strengthen the CRE playbook and related marketing resources to be in a position to export the approach (prospecting, contracting and delivery) to grow the business in other strategic areas of the country
We’ll love you because:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- You have proven work experience as an Account Manager and in Business Development roles
- You demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- You possess the ability to lead thinking, explain the reasoning, and present findings and recommendations in a clear and articulate manner— in writing and in person.
- You have experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- You have excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- You have solid experience with CRM software (Hubspot a plus).
- You have a “No is not a possible answer” attitude
- You are a self-starter and high-speed mover
- You are interested in sustainability, urban farming, and community engagement is a must
- You are creative and keen to think out of the box to deliver impressive results
- The Gardyn culture resonates strongly with you
- You have a strong ability to anticipate on future needs and plan accordingly
- You love teamwork in a multicultural and diverse environment
- You are a problem solver
- You have a high level of comfort giving/receiving constructive feedback
You’ll love us because:
- We encourage unconventional thinking
- We are paving the path for innovation in home-grown food and education
- We are creating a movement bigger than ourselves that will positively enhance people’s lives
- We practice radical candor and encourage employees to be authentic and transparent when communicating with all internal employees as well as external vendor relationships
- We lead with context not control and let you determine the best ways to accomplish your goals
- We are a wicked smart yet humble team
- Egos are not welcome here
- Gardyn embodies the start-up culture with the success to back it up
- Come prepared to work in a highly adaptable, fast-paced environment