Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Sales – East, this person will oversee and manage a team of Market Managers, Area Sales Managers, and Merchandisers for our retail sales business. This role supports all aspects of the sales cycle, including management of existing accounts and distributor relationships. A proactive approach to all aspects of customer and distributor management is a must!
At Hint, we value hard work, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. We believe in treating our employees well and fostering a positive, inclusive work environment. We believe that pleasure and wellness can go hand in hand, and we strive to make beverages that not only taste good but are good for you too.
This is a sales job that requires both field and admin work. While it is fully remote, we do require that you live in Western Pennsylvania. Hint will not pay for any relocation expenses.
- Responsible for building & managing relationships with the eastern divisional Chain End User accounts
- Responsible for developing and implementing account strategies in order to achieve predetermined brand, volume, and Key Performance Indicator objectives for the assigned division
- Conducts analysis and develops presentations that increase the company’s feature and display activity, expand distribution, optimizes shelf position that increases volume and market share within the division
- Proactively execute customer development strategies as identified by Senior Director, Sales – East
- Initiate regular correspondence to communicate chain account progress and/or setbacks to all impacted field sales and distributor personnel
- Work with the field sales team to develop and communicate chain execution expectations and standards for DSD
- Use category management expertise in order to maximize distribution, shelf presence, cold box presence, feature ad support, and display impact in all assigned accounts
- Maintain and analyze market data regarding account performance, as well as Nielsen performance and prepare reports for senior management
- Stay abreast of competitive climate in assigned territory
- 80% of the time divided between sales calls, meetings, and developing business
- 20% of the time home office paperwork, phone calls, and follow-up communication
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
- Manager: Report directly to Senior Director, Sales – East
- Sales Team Territory: Chicagoland, Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, and Upstate NY
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of proven Sales leadership in Account and Distributor Management with 3+ years in managing Grocery chain accounts
- Solid people management skills
- Proven analytical and category management skills
- Excellent relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Good organizational, planning and follow-up skills
- Solid understanding of requirements to deliver profitable business
- Excellent presentation skills
- The Base Salary range is $110,000 – $125,000. Actual salary offer may vary based on location and work experience. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
- Bonus Eligible
- Car allowance or company car (if applicable)
- 100% of the employee and dependent healthcare premiums paid for by the company
- Life insurance (company-paid and voluntary)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K (regular and Roth)
- $150/month gym stipend
- $100 monthly towards your cell phone and $50 monthly towards Internet (if applicable)
- Employee Discount on Hint Water