From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The director of store development contributes to Starbucks success by leading new store development and existing store portfolio management within a defined region. Ensures a well-defined strategic plan of new store openings is implemented in each region. Manages all aspects of new store development to support the Company’s rapid and profitable growth in each region. Manages a cross functional team of real estate, construction, and portfolio partners to maintain the Starbucks experience for our customers and partners. Models and act in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
This role will support the Mid South region and candidates must reside within one of the following states: IN, OH, KY, TN, AL, MS, LA.
As a director of store development, you will…
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Execute national strategies and programs to achieve regional goals.
- Manage regional existing store team to ensure execution of a consistent portfolio management strategy.
- Oversee all existing store maintenance functions within specified region.
- Oversee creation of project development budgets for store construction.
- Participate in reinvestment analysis, budget management, renovations and general upkeep of regional portfolio of stores.
- Participate in the development of Starbucks design objectives to meet company objectives of appearance, quality, quantity and costs.
- Collaborate with other regional management teams to ensure best portfolio management practices are shared across geographies including renovations, expansions, relocations, renewals, closings and Repair and Maintenance spend.
- Collaborate with the store development management to plan and execute an integrated regional strategy aligned with Starbucks overall guidelines.
- Participate in site selection, design, construction, and operational turnover of new stores in assigned area.
We’d love to hear from people with…
- 10 years of experience with real estate deal-making and negotiations
- 10 years of financial planning and market analysis experience
- 10 years of strategic planning experience
- 10 years of managing remote activities and partners
- 7 years of progressive experience managing varied retail facilities
- 7 years of progressive experience managing a retail or restaurant new store rollout
- 5 years of experience in construction management in retail and general contracting
- 5 years of experience in retail management
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].