Supervises assigned Sales Representatives. Ensures the sale of Company products to potential retail customers through the prospecting of new contacts. Directs the sale of Company products and services to existing accounts through the management of field Sales Representatives. Trains new Sales Representatives and ensures understanding of organization policies, practices, products, and services. Directs the execution of sales plans and sales promotions to ensure the achievement of assigned sales goals. Provides regular/special reports detailing the measurement of results compared to assigned sales objectives.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Represents Glazer’s Beer & Beverage in a professional Manner
- Ensures the attainment of sales goals for the assigned district through the regular evaluation of vendor/partner relationships, new business opportunities, and voids in present sales/service levels.
- Supervises Sales Representatives to ensure maximum sales/profits from assigned accounts. Coaches, directs, counsels Sales Representatives on overall performance. Defines expectations and monitors progress.
- Conducts team meetings with Sales Representatives. Introduces new products, services, and policies. Advises Sales Representatives of new promotions/programs. Provides summary of current/projected sales activity for assigned district.
- Works with Sales Representatives a minimum of three (3) days per week making customer calls and implementing territory improvement plans. Conducts field training and instructs Sales Representatives in applications of selling aids.
- Conducts monthly sales performance reviews with each Sales Representative. Identifies opportunities for development, training, and performance improvement requirements.
- Provides regular and accurate sales management reports for the assigned District to field sales management. Addresses new business opportunities, current levels of sales/service, and territory improvement plans.
- Participates in the recruitment of new Sales Representatives. Proposes selection and hiring of new Sales Representatives.
- Extensive travel (60% – 75%) by automobile. From time to time may involve driving distances of up to 200 miles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent there of in related experience.
- 3 years field experience in sales in the retail, alcoholic beverages or grocery industry
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
- Ability to secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws.
- Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships.
- Strong supervisory skills in directing and coaching others. Must be able to direct and control the quantity/quality of work performed by subordinates. Requires the ability to manage deadlines and deliver achievement of assigned goals and objectives.
- Will involve weekend and evening activities with suppliers and retailers.
- 3 years field experience in sales alcoholic beverages or grocery industry strongly preferred.
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or calculator
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a occasional to rare amount of time amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases, and stand for extended periods of time.
“Glazer’s Beer and Beverage provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.”
Please note that job application deadlines will vary by position. The ability to enter and submit an application in Ultipro will not guarantee that the position is still open and that your application will be reviewed and considered. If you have questions regarding a specific job application deadline, please email [email protected] (for internal candidates – contact the hiring manager).