This role exists to drive financial results for our US physical retail stores, and to create financial reporting, analysis, insights, and recommendations to accelerate delivery of targets, optimize development of store plans, and to lead decision making for business cases and investments.
More specifically, this leader will partner closely with business leaders to lead planning and forecasting for the full P&L; create weekly and monthly reporting and insights; lead performance management of financial metrics; create investment analysis and business cases; identify, escalate, and mitigate risks and opportunities; and lead robust PCR (Planning, Controlling, and Reporting) in support of strategy execution.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of finance, accounting, and/or FP&A experience required, with preference for business partnership and results-driving experience (e.g., ‘shaping’ or finance co-pilot) experiences
- Ability to work with and support cross functional teams to drive shared results (required)
- Advanced Excel user, including familiarity with automation capabilities
- PowerBI experience preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
What will be your key responsibilities?
- In partnership with business leaders, lead planning and forecasting for the full P&L including detailed and robust driver-based modelling of business and P&L. Incorporate YoY trends, strategic initiatives, systemic headwinds and tailwinds, and scenario planning. Ensure that financial plans are fully aligned to the strategic direction of the business.
- Lead and drive performance management of channel – provide posture of ‘continuous improvement’ to business partners, and drive accountability for business results and achieving target / plan via scorecards, analysis, insights, and recommendations to impact business drivers.
- Serve as ‘full service’ financial business partner for the US retail stores channel and leadership team, supporting analysis, insights, and recommendations to achieve delivery of financial KPIs.
- Identify ‘risks and opportunities’ and provide recommendations / mitigating actions to implement or address.
- Provide in-depth financial analysis and recommendations on all steady-state operations decisions (e.g., staffing models, value leadership prospects) and incremental business case or investment decisions (e.g., new product, promotional campaigns, and store renovations). Complete value-added post-activity analysis as necessary.
- Create and present the financial analysis and reports required to measure performance and guide future business decisions, including: period, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc financial packages.
- Lead as the finance representative for Demand in the IR step of S&OP process. Develop expertise in growth, margin and inventory drivers/assumptions, and develop perspective on what forward-looking forecast should be. Partner with demand teams to validate sales forecast.
- Support MGSF and Controllership with period-end accounting functions, including account analysis, journal entry compilation, and submission for US Retail Stores.
- Provide financial coaching and training to US Store leadership to ensure financial acumen, achievement of goals, and compliance with the Finance Manual.
- Participate in special projects and requests as required.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.