Ready to explore a career path? Start your journey.
- Establish and own strategic account plan for each client in your portfolio, by developing a deep understanding of the customers’ business needs, quarterly review of company earnings, executive presentations and company news
- Ownership of the client P&L — Lead client retention and revenue growth plans, developing strategic business growth plan for allocated account portfolio
- Main point of contact for clients and engaged liaison with internal partners across a global business, ensuring responsiveness to the customer by all partners through regular communication and follow up
- Develops and implements critical initiatives and GBT brand strategies to exceed key performance metrics including negotiating contracts with commercial terms securing revenue that exceed targets for products, services and solutions
- Builds expansion plans to ensure full global consolidation and retention of account relationship
- Leads strategy for RFPs and pre-emptive negotiations with clients and collaborates with internal collaborators to ensure full alignment with client goals and expectations
- Lead Account Relationships/Builds Strategic Relationships with Customer and ensure a robust WOI from C-Suite to travel department
- Develop and demonstrates deep travel Industry insights / Competitive Understanding; demonstrates this to “guide” the customer to recommend adjustments to business account plan
- Delivers product updates and overview of GBT technology solutions as service for clients
- Drive alignment within the organization and company around the client’s business, account strategies, objectives
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent B2B sales track record, and highly developed negotiation skills with the ability to acquire business to drive growth and competitive advantage.
- Keenly supervise economic and industry activity and understand its implications on the customer’s business, including potential new business opportunities, with the ability to educate customers on industry trends and standard methodologies adopted by peer companies.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to engage and demonstrate value to c-suite and senior executives.
- Understands the difference between an insight-led approach and a relationship-driven service mentality, and has the expertise and comfort level to challenge the client when it will better demonstrate the added value of American Express Global Business Travel
- Ability to handle internal and external partnerships and get results across a matrixed organization
- Analytical, process and problem solving skills applied to business issues achieving significant shareholder gains
- 5+ years global account/client management, sales, consulting or procurement experience required; Experience writing RFPs and client proposals a plus
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel Skills required, as well as experience with Salesforce.com
- Position will be virtual office, preferably North East region
- MBA degree is a plus
United States – Virtual Location
The US national annual base salary range for this position is from $70,000 to $140,000. The national range provided includes the base salary that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual base salary will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for either our Annual Incentive Award plan, which rewards participants based on company and individual performance, or eligible for one of our metric-driven Sales Incentive Plans (certain sales roles only). An eligible employee can only participate in one of these plans during an eligible period. This role is also eligible for awards under the company Equity Incentive Plan, which is designed to align participants’ interests with those of shareholders. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
GBT 2023 Benefits-at-a-Glance
The #TeamGBT Experience
Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
- Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
- Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
- Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
- We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
- Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
- And much more!
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, gender identity (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship or marital status. It is our policy to maintain an equal-opportunity environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias for our candidates, colleagues, clients and suppliers.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please, let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the hiring process. For more details, please consult GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement.
What if I don’t meet every requirement? If you’re passionate about our mission and believe you’d be a phenomenal addition to our team, don’t worry about “checking every box;” please apply anyway. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!