In-office locations: Austin, TX, USA; Addison, TX, USA; Houston, TX, USA.
Remote location(s): Texas, USA.Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Account Management, Partnership Management, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in Software Sales and Account Management.
- 3 years of experience in hardware/software business with a track record of inside and/or outside business.
- Experience managing a large number of accounts at scale and leveraging channel relationships to increase business achievement.
- Experience in education technology.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment, and engage at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage the entire business process and leveraging channel for success.
About The Job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing businesses grow. Using your relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As a member of the Google for Education team, you’ll help us drive adoption and promote success with Google tools like Google Workspace for Education and Chrome with K-12 educational institutions, individually and at scale, helping them make learning more equitable, collaborative, and personalized. You will help us with Google products and transforming education.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $102,000-$151,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google .
- Build relationships and promote the value of Google Workspace and Chrome to different types of stakeholders.
- Build solutions and close business through our partner ecosystem.
- Work with partners and channels to scale the delivery of programs.
- Manage a book of accounts promoting Google for Education solutions to K-12 institutions in North America, and drive continued adoption of Google technologies among existing customers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .