The Key Account Manager is responsible for managing top accounts, most critical to the sales organization. This role will develop and maintain positive relationships with assigned key accounts, essential to overall company growth and success.
- Manage and execute contracts, identifying needs and opportunities for all assigned key accounts.
- Accountable to develop and maintain a mutually beneficial partnership with assigned customer accounts.
- Follow established processes and procedures for submitting ongoing orders and requesting installation of equipment as needed.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding paperwork, pricing, credit, equipment, install, marketing, and opening orders.
- Work with sales leadership to coordinate a professional installation and integration into our routing system. Ensure equipment is appropriate for volume and operating to specifications.
- Communicate and execute all pricing changes with Key Accounts, in alignment with contract requirements.
- Meet sales and profit goals as assigned by sales management.
- Increase account revenue and identify fresh business opportunities adhering to a given budget structure.
- Build a “Key Account” business strategy at the beginning of the year and revise quarterly to ensure it remains current based on changing customer needs.
- Maintain a quarterly business review cycle at key accounts—Meeting with the appropriate decision maker.
- Develop and grow relationships with the operators using new and established Farmer Brothers programs.
- Present new items, perform related product demonstrations & share new programs to all managed accounts.
- Monitor account activities and ensure any applicable special requirements for each key account are fulfilled.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to develop an effective sales growth plan for all assigned accounts.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable requirements for each key account.
- Submit weekly activity reports to communicate competitive products, pricing and marketing strategies and work with leadership to create programs that are competitive in today’s specialty coffee industry and help retain key customers.
- Develop and analyze reporting as needed for assigned customer base.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 5 or more years of sales account management experience required.
- Previous experience in foodservice preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Personal & Professional Skillsets
- Ability to quickly identify customer needs and challenges.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Territory Management and Market Knowledge.
- Proven track record with consistent growth.
- Able to apply sales planning and time management skills.
- Ability to identify customer needs and challenges.
- High energy, self-starter that is resourceful and can work autonomously.
- Meets deadlines, follows through on commitments.
- Strives for continuous growth and improvement.
- Generates original, creative ideas to improve processes.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Readily and frequently collaborates with others.