I. Job Summary
Manages the day-to-day operations of a single remote site or small site with a single line of business (e.g., Transfer Station), and Manages the day-to-day operations at a medium to large site. Route Managers and/or Senior Route Managers can report into this job. Establishes and maintains performance and productivity metrics and cost management
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Manages the day-to-day operations of the District, and provides daily support to managers in ensuring quality and budget performance.
– Monitors operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
– Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
– Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
– Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
– Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Market Area General Manager and/or Director of Operations.
– Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
– Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts; establishes WM as a good corporate citizen and valued resource.
– Ensures District compliance with Service Machine procedures and continues to work toward and/or maintain Gold Certification Standards.
– Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
– Education: Associate’s Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
– Experience: No prior work experience required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
– None required.
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply”.