Summary Description: This position is a business partner responsible for market planning and execution for new and emerging markets, along with new unit support within the existing footprint. Provides direction and leadership for marketing and sales efforts designed to generate sales and customer traffic, while maintaining image and brand integrity. Leads the Field Marketing Administration team.
- Acts as a “market enhancement expert” on Whataburger’s new unit and market growth strategies. Supports the functions within cross-functional project work, and the collaboration with Operations and Field Marketing.
- Liaison between Marketing, Field Marketing, Communications, and Enhanced Market Growth teams to manage targeted marketing efforts within Whataburger’s current and growing footprint.
- Identifies core marketing problems in support of new unit growth, as well as develop strategic plans to address with Leadership; will work cross-functionally to plan and execute tactics within the market.
- Collaborates with Marketing team to identify Key Performance Indicators are tied to marketing programs. Reports back to key constituents with findings, achievements and challenges.
- Reports on Local Store Marketing tools and program needs. Works to develop new programs and modify existing programs. Monitors program activity and provides status reports to Leadership on regular intervals.
- Monitors the specific marketing budgets tied to new unit and new market support. Works with budget owners to ensure costs are aligned with forecasted targets and makes suggestions for adjustments as required. Provides budget summary insights to Leadership.
- Responsible for the accuracy of Marketing’s new unit checklist items to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of all new units entering the system.
- Recommends marketing opportunities (outdoor billboards, media-based sponsorships, etc.) based on store needs and store environment. Follows up on process to ensure media elements are consistent and meet Whataburger Brand standards.
- Clearly develops the brand’s long-term plan including the development of new products, and communicates plans including advertising and public relations as it pertains to new unit and new market support.
- Significantly responsible for leading and guiding Marketing efforts and effectiveness of enhanced market growth. Forecasts efforts, and plans activities 4-12 months in advance.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum seven (7) years of previous marketing experience, preferred
- Experience in field/local store marketing and sponsorship/event management required
- Financial Management
- 6+ years’ experience preferably in restaurant industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Visio (as applicable)
- Proficiency in JD Edwards (as applicable)
- Ability to communicate, influence, and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have knowledge in effectively facilitating communication and feedback to gain insight and input on key brand initiatives
- Advanced professional or theoretical knowledge and functional concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Advanced understanding of departmental structure and policies with a basic understanding of the structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC
- Intermediate understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Advanced ability to delegate projects and get work done through others
- Basic understanding of performance review process
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, manager, and direct reports with sufficient notice and preparation