Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services. Cogent’s facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 180 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. A generous base salary, structured tenure pay increases and an uncapped commissions plan offers you an unlimited earnings potential. A full benefits package takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
- Hunting to Identify new business opportunities within National Sales Territory focused on the Mid Market and non-named National Account target market segments ( up to 500 – 999 employees)
- Through direct calling, email and other contact efforts you will identify, qualify, and generate these new business opportunities by working directly with Key Decision Makers
- Compliment prospecting and selling efforts through field work such as building walks, lobby events, property management relationships, and customer face to face meetings
- Leverage consultative and relationship building selling techniques you will identify current and future connectivity solutions
- Help Cogent customers and prospects by positioning our services for new business
- Achieve monthly revenue goals by selling into the nation’s largest commercial and retail buildings; office parks and professional campuses
- 2-5 years of solid, sales experience, preferably B2B and in the technology field
- Previous sales experience ( recent experience strongly preferred) with a track record of success is required
- You must be able to demonstrate your ability to identify, qualify and generate new business through extensive prospecting and research
- Strong oral and written communication is required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office and a CRM are a plus
- A college degree is preferred but not required
- If this sounds like you apply today!
- To best support your success, this is an in-office position five days a week, allowing for focused mentorship, training and personal coaching.
- Cogent has adopted a mandatory vaccination and booster policy which requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated ( including booster shots when eligible) against COVID-19. Prior to beginning employment, new employees must provide proof of vaccination or apply for and receive an accommodation to be exempt from the policy.
By submitting an application or resume for this position, I understand that is an in-office position and agree to abide Cogent’s mandatory vaccination policy.
“Cogent’s competitive advantage lies in our people…their spirit, their energy and their commitment.”
- Dave Schaeffer, Founder & CEO
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Selling a must-have:
Imagine life without the Internet. Your communications are paralyzed. Your business is crippled. Internet is a must-have for every company, for every person. At Cogent, you’re armed with selling a “must-have” connection to the Internet instead of a “nice-to-have” new software suite or billing platform. You’re selling a service to a business that can not function without it.
Established and reputable:
Cogent is a Global Internet Service Provider, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world. Backed by Cisco Systems, we provide Internet service in over 216 markets globally. We were once a startup funded by venture capital. And while we have matured into a stable, publicly traded ( NASDAQ: CCOI) company, we’ve retained our startup mentality—transparency in operations, open dialogue among departments, and fresh perspective from our newest employees. We omit titles from our business cards to deemphasize organizational hierarchy and bureaucracy.
The Sales Organization:
Cogent Sales is a group of 600 enthusiastic, fearless professionals who persevere through successes and failures, while continually learning and growing. We are new grads entering the workforce; young professionals starting our careers and experienced professionals. We all share a professional passion for professional development and achievement.
Onboarding and Training:
Four-week immersion program that provides Orientation, Product and Network Training, hands-on Systems Workshop, and a Sales Fundamentals Workshop upon joining Cogent. Self-paced online monthly training teaching you about the industry, our products, and services, resources available to you, and sales fundamentals.
Resource mentorship with a sales coach and technical resource assigned to you on your first day in your seat to work with you as you learn about Cogent and its differentiators.
Weekly 1:1 coaching and training from your Sales Management team.
Quarterly roundtables and training.
Internal product certifications are available.
Upon transitioning to new sales roles, position-specific training is available.
Responsibilities for a Regional Account Manager:
Identify new business opportunities within a prescribed Regional Sales Territory via sourcing and prospecting efforts through a high volume of direct calling and emailing efforts.
Strategize with your Sales Management team on how to sell into your region’s largest commercial and retail buildings, office parks, and professional campuses.
Compliment prospecting and selling efforts with fieldwork such as building walks, lobby events, property management relationships, and customer face-to-face meetings.
Learn how to understand a customer’s need and then educate them on the connectivity solutions that Cogent can provide to them via consultative and relationship-building selling techniques.
Consistently update your efforts in our Customer Relationship Management system.
Achieve targeted monthly revenue goals.
0-2+ years of solid, sales experience.
Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with revenue deadlines.
Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office and software applications.
To best support your success, this is an in-office position five days a week, allowing for focused mentorship, training and personal coaching.
Cogent has adopted a mandatory vaccination and booster policy that requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated ( including booster shots when eligible) against COVID-19. Before beginning employment, new employees must provide proof of vaccination or apply for and receive an accommodation to be exempt from the policy. By applying or submitting my resume for this position, I understand that is an in-office position and agree to abide Cogent’s mandatory vaccination policy.
“Cogent’s competitive advantage lies in our people…their spirit, their energy and their commitment.” -Dave Schaeffer, Founder & CEO
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.