With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, the hiring company is the European market leader in the packaging industry. Advanced production facilities, innovative product developments as well as flat hierarchies and short ways of decision-making, make the family-owned company an exciting and successful employer. With its unique recycling concept, the company is the pioneer in environmentally friendly packaging solutions such as plastic or paper carrier bags, online shipping bags, packaging solutions for the quick service and takeaway sector, or the bakery and butchery industry, MAP trays, or flexible films.
Due to continued growth in the US, the company is looking for an entrepreneurial sales professional strategically located in Atlanta, GA. The ideal candidate is a true “hunter” with a proven track record of acquiring new customers. As a remote position, the role requires a high amount of self-motivation, discipline, and drive. While packaging sales experience would be a huge plus, it will be more crucial to have experience selling to the same target clients (e.g., big-box retailers or grocery store chains such as Target, CVS, Lidl, Walmart, ALDI, Stop and Shop, etc.).
- Sales of customized packaging solutions: Acquisition and development of new customers and expansion of product ranges in existing accounts
- Achieve sales targets and KPIs in line with business requirements
- Responsibility for all aspects of allocated prospects and customers
- Establish contacts and meetings with new potential customers and identify new business opportunities
- Prepare all aspects of client meetings and presentations to senior procurement and sourcing teams
- Effective communication with the US support team and manufacturing plant
- Minimum 3 years of outside B2B sales experience with a background in packaging sales OR alternatively a good understanding of the US packaging market and in-depth experience with customers in that market (e.g., big-box retailers or grocery store chains such as Target, CVS, Lidl, Walmart, ALDI, Stop and Shop, etc.).
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Successful track record of growing territory and increasing and exceeding revenue targets
- A highly motivated and resilient self-starter with a strong focus on results
- Comfortable presenting and negotiating at all levels from shop floor to boardroom
- Able to travel around 20% (many sales meetings will be deducted via video calls)
- Attractive base compensation & success-oriented bonus/commission
- Company car including private use
- Excellent health benefits & 401k pension plan
- A family-run business with a very solid structure
- Growing business with highly innovative products
- Positive work and team environment
- Ongoing support, training, and development