- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable and consistent internet connection is required.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Partner Operations team is responsible for partnering with many cross-functional teams to launch new partnerships, manage and grow the existing partner ecosystem (Workers’ Compensation, 401(k), 529 College Saving, HR Pros and more) and develop actionable insights by leveraging user feedback and key metrics to shape the product partnerships and positively impact the customer journey. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a book of existing Product Partnerships focused on our Financial Products (Gusto Wallet and Gusto Cashout) and incubating and launching any net new partnerships supporting these products. The current team is small, but mighty, and in this role you’ll have the opportunity to be a leader as the team expands.
You will develop a deep understanding of our partnerships and work closely with cross-functional partners across many teams, both internal and external, to create a world-class experience for our customers.
Here’s What You’ll Do Day-to-day
- Represent Gusto as the primary point of contact for a book of strategic partners, holding both the partner and Gusto accountable to our mutual goals and SLAs
- Drive strategic cross-functional projects impacting the product, partner and/or operational teams
- Execute Quarterly Business Reviews with C-suite partner and Gusto audience, surfacing key learnings, trends and opportunities for the business
- Handle escalations on partnership related issues and make recommendations to alleviate pain points
- Build and iterate on processes with partners with the objective of creating efficient and scalable operations between teams
- Use data-driven analysis to influence cross-functional stakeholders on key partnership initiatives
- Roll up your sleeves to “zoom in” on small product or process details to solve problems and improve the success of the partnership
- Own the launch execution of any net new partnerships added to the Financial Products suite
Here’s What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of relevant experience, including partner management, business development, customer success or product operations. 7+ years of work experience
- Excellent internal and external communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and lots of ambiguity
- “Builder” mentality – this is a highly leveraged team and you’ll be able to influence the way in which we operate as a team and how we grow it
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot tables, basic functions, etc.) and proficiency in PPT creation
- Deep empathy and obsession for delivering an amazing customer experience and for making things more efficient
- Bonus: Proficiency in SQL or Advanced Excel functions
- Bonus: Experience in the Fintech, payments or banking industries
Here’s An Overview Of Expectations
- Each quarter, you’ll be responsible for OKRs aligned to partnership KPIs, projects focused on growth and the overall success of the Partner Operations team
- You’ll serve as our partners’ “go to” on day-to-day issues, serving as their sounding board and gathering feedback about customer experience, product and operational requests
- You build trustworthy relationships across the company; is looked to as approachable and informed product expert
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $127,000 -$149,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and between $154,000 – $181,000 in San Francisco and New York City. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].