About this Role
The Rare Disease Account Executive will drive patient identification and market development for SMA(Spinal Muscular Atrophy) by creating territory, account, and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share, and profit targets for their territory.
The ideal candidate will effectively identify, develop, and maintain relationships with physicians and treatment clinics to properly educate on SMA and help remove barriers to facilitate healthcare provider decisions. Furthermore, they will effectively develop collaborative relationships and communicate information across many different internal/external stakeholders to drive alignment on decisions and help remove barriers to access.
What You’ll Do
- Drive patient identification and market development for SMA by building and executing against a territory strategy and account specific plans. Continuously assesses sales opportunities within markets and accounts to maintain and grow their business. Able to effectively prioritize time, activities, and resources to optimize accounts with the most sales potential. Can educate and promote Biogen services.
- Builds and maintains relationships with physicians by maximizing their time through pre-call planning, leveraging insights to tailor a call plan, and conducts post call analysis to continually refine and enhance their approach.
- Proactively builds effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders; can drive agreement/decisions from multiple stakeholders; can read people’s emotions and flex communication style. Can adjust their approach based on different stakeholder needs, concerns, or audience member to drive alignment and meet their work goals.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across commercial, compliance, and patient care centers to ensure access at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer.
- Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to build individual account plans on how to approach their customers, achieve sales goals, and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results.
- Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to drive patient identification through market development and physician education; post launch be able to develop a territory strategy to retain customers.
- Executes programs, in-services, and lunch-and-learns for their territory.
- Determines suitable travel schedule and call plan on a daily/weekly basis to ensure adequate coverage for all key accounts.
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated, engaging and team-oriented individual with a passion for problem solving and supporting clinicians and patients. You have the ability to lead with authority and organize impactful business meetings with the intent to develop and execute our strategy.
- 5+ years of progressive business experience in the healthcare or biotech industry, inclusive of 3 years of field-based experience in account management, sales, and/or field reimbursement. Rare disease experience is preferred
- A successful track record in field reimbursement, clinical education or in pharmaceutical sales/management of products that required significant payer and reimbursement involvement
- Experience in supporting biologic therapy administered by a designated health care provider
- Seasoned, mature pharmaceutical professional with a comprehensive understanding of field / patient reimbursement, charitable funding, non-profit organizations
- Must be comfortable spending 60% of time traveling; some overnight travel required
- Driving is an essential duty of this job; candidates must have a valid driver’s license to be considered
- Territory covers Maryland, Delaware, Metro DC area & Northern Virginia
Bachelor’s Degree/ Advanced Degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The base compensation range for this role is $144,400 – $209,400. Base salary is determined by a combination of factors including, but not limited to, job related years of relevant experience, internal equity, and location of the job. Additionally, this role is eligible for participation in Biogen’s LTI grants and other incentive programs. Biogen offers a full range of benefits that include medical, dental, life, long and short-term disability insurances, vacation, end-of-year shutdown, and 401K participation and matching contributions.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
At Biogen, we are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients we serve. We know that diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives make us a stronger and more innovative company, and we are focused on building teams where every employee feels empowered and inspired. Read on to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.