The Regional Sales Manager will be actively involved in supporting Midas franchisees. This includes supporting success in our tire programs, parts programs, credit programs, and teaching best practices. The Regional Sales Manager role will be responsible for both direct sales and selling intangibles. The Regional Sales Manager will act as a change agent executing business model transformation and will be accountable for improving store operations, growing sales/profits, increasing the value of our franchise network, and growing new stores (both conversions and new construction).
The ideal candidate should reside within a reasonable commute within the book of business in Philadelphia, PA.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with Midas Franchisees and their key management personnel.
- Coach Midas Franchisees in change management as they begin the transformation of their business. Teach Franchisees how to lead their teams to become a tire destination while growing car count by saying yes to every customer.
- Execute tactics and strategies to transform the Midas Business Model from a basic service shop to a full service tire destination total car care retailer. Coach, train, and sell to our Midas Franchisees on how to become world-class tire retailers in a service based environment.
- Coordinate and lead regularly scheduled Midas dealer meetings by DMA. Emphasize improving retail execution, supplier initiatives, sharing best practices, implement growth initiatives, and building a camaraderie amongst the dealers in the DMA.
- Work with the Franchise Development team on all aspects of growing store count. Focus includes but is not limited to saving stores, upgrading/transferring weaker dealers to stronger owners and identifying new franchisees.
- Engage with TBC support departments to help achieve franchisee goals. Departments include marketing, training, call center, accounting, real estate, construction, purchasing, and tire merchandising.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of years 5 years of experience managing a retail tire automotive service business and a sales background in the automotive industry is preferred. Multi-store and or multi- state management experience. Franchise experience in automotive or other retail industries is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field of study is preferred.
- Ability to travel 25-50%.
- Occasional nights and weekends is required to support franchisee special events.
- Ability to challenge, motivate, influence, and communicate effectively.
- Negotiating skills with proven capability to create “win-win” outcomes.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience in multi-unit retail operations. Including district/area management, store management, business planning, competitive analysis, and retail execution in a company owned or franchise environment.
- P&L management in a competitive automotive environment. Thorough understanding of key financial metrics and ratios (cash flow, break-even, profitability, ROI, labor, controllable expenses, managing Gross Profit % vs. Gross Profit Dollars, etc.) and operational drivers with the ability to recommend and convince franchisees to make changes where appropriate.
- Must have Profit and Loss Management experience
- Minimum of 5 years managing retail tire or automotive experience is a must
- Minimum of 5 years of Sales Experience is a must – automotive industry heavily preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- Car Data Compliant Vehicle
- Relationship building talent that gains the trust of franchisees to lead, motivate, change, and hold them accountable to all commitments.
- Customer service orientation and a high level of professional integrity.
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k plan with a company match. Immediate 100% vesting
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Company paid short term disability and employer subsidized long term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Discounted tire and automotive services
- Car Allowance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- And more!
For 60 years, TBC Corporation (TBC), one of North America’s largest marketers of automotive replacement tires, has been a tire company ahead of the curve. Through worldwide operations spanning wholesale, retail, and franchise, TBC also provides automotive maintenance and repair services with best-in-class brands. TBC meets the needs of consumers in search of total car care at more than 3,200 franchised and company-operated tire and automotive service centers under the brands NTB®, Tire Kingdom®, Big O Tires® and Midas®. TBC serves wholesale customers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Mexico and the Middle East through NTW, TBC Brands, TBC Dealer Group, TBC International and TBC de Mexico.
TBC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Work Environment.