Regional Sales Manager for Midwest territory.
- Achieve sales goals for both new product and service.
- Expand customer base, selling to new and existing key/target accounts
- Travel into territory to support achieving sales goals and customer support goals.
- Provide technical support to customers in the form of innovative and cost-effective design proposals.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM, Zoominfo, and other selling tools to manage accounts and to find new accounts.
- Manage a territory of accounts as the primary contact for prospecting new accounts and developing existing accounts. Act as project manager for these accounts from product selection through order shipment.
- Expectations are to work from the office approximately 25% of time to support planning, target marketing, customer satisfaction, and communication to customer, and be traveling in the territory a minimum of 50% of the time (estimated 50 overnight stays per year).
- Design, recommend, and implement short and long-term sales strategies to increase new product and service sales volume in territory.
- Obtain all application data and information to generate new product proposals.
- Identify and develop solutions for new and existing products through the integration of mechanical concepts and machine control design.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to mid and top management decision makers.
- Identify & develop concepts that provide unique solutions to applications that provide a competitive selling advantage.
- Evaluate all design requirements and perform engineering calculations as required to ensure proposed designs meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Maintain a presence at key customers
- Represent and promote client company during visits to customer sites, exhibitions, and during customer visits to clients facilities.
- Maintain project files in accordance with departmental standards.
- Achieve annual planned sales goals for territory, including new customer targets.
- Experience in selling machine tool components, slides, or related industrial products.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to visit customer facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of precision machinery, machine tool components, electronics, motors, drives and control systems, basic vibration and balancing, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and the ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Requires minimum supervision, except in areas which are of a unique aspect.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects at one time and maintain project schedules