ITA Airways, the Italian national airline, is expanding and subsequently looking for experienced, motivated individuals with the desire to get involved with passion and initiative.
For the Leisure & Business Sales function in Washington D.C., USA we are looking for a
Sales Executive Account
Deliver targeted revenue results from an allocated client portfolio, develop existing relationships and scout for new revenue opportunities.
- Portfolio and Client Relationship Management. Maintain and grow sales revenue generated by clients within designated portfolio (corporate, business or leisure as assigned). Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with clients to strengthen company market positioning. Ensure strong market presence by exceeding targeted sales calls. Responsible for control and optimal use of personal budget as allocated.
- Identify New Business Opportunities. Identify new business opportunities within portfolio and follow leads to new business sources in line with company strategies, with particular focus on high value flows. Constantly scout for potential new clients and make recommendations to Country Manager for additions to portfolio.
- Sales and Promotional Activities. Create and implement promotional and marketing activities focusing on increased sales revenue with existing and potential new clients. Develop ad-hoc and co-marketing initiatives promoting, ITA Airways where possible leveraging partner airlines and other industry suppliers (hotel / tourist board / car hire) to maximise impact and return of limited resources.
- Client Negotiation. Prepare commercial agreement simulations for review and approval in line with Commercial guidelines. Negotiate these both internally and with clients (Trade and Corporate), providing clarity on conditions and selling benefits. Distribute nett fares contracts to clients with agreed targets, monitor performance and carry out regular reviews of production and shortfalls. Identify opportunities for tactical dealing as and when agreed by company commercial policy, negotiate implementation and monitor results to shape future activity.
- In-house Administration, Analysis and Reporting. Measure and monitor performance of accounts on a regular basis. Update Sales Force reporting tool with weekly call pattern of activities and appointments within given timeframe. Supply reports on ongoing basis including feedback on client visits, new business opportunities, initiatives and competitor activities. Carry out administrative duties as required (clients queries and calls, expense & attendance forms, etc).
- Training and company representation. Offer product training and provide workshop participation to key agents and/or corporate clients covering all aspects on pricing, products and services (in person, online and email updates). Attend trade/consumer events and accompany educational trips in line with company requirements.
- The right to live and work in USA.
- Consolidated experience in similar position.
- Excellent command of English. Italian is an advantage.
- Interpersonal Skills – Successful relationship building across all levels & cultures.
- Motivation & Resilience – Drive to break down barriers (external and internal), negotiate successful deals and ultimately deliver revenue results.
- Communication & Impact – Ability to ensure ITA Airways is heard and remembered as a relatively small player in a crowded market.
- Responsibility & Initiative – Time management and self-motivation to deliver every day.
- Web / e-commerce: knowledge or experience in this field would be an asset.
Type of Employment offered
Place of work
New York, c/o ITA Airways local premises.
If you recognize yourself in these characteristics, we look forward to your application!
Pursuant to art. 13 D.lgs196/03 of the Italia “Data Protection Code”, ITA Airways hereby declares that your personal data will be collected and used only for the recruitment process. ITA Airways shall conduct all data processing activities in conformity with the requirements and provisions of Leg. Decree n. 196/2003. Our personnel search is addressed to candidates of both sexes, in accordance with Legislative Decree No. 198/2006.