Concentric is a leading provider of DC power and equipment maintenance solutions to warehouse and manufacturing customers.
Our custom engineered power systems and maintenance solutions minimize costly downtime through forklift power solutions, mission critical backup power and on-site forklift and allied equipment maintenance. Our mission is to eliminate interruption in our customers’ operations and allow them to focus on running their business.
The Director of Sales is responsible for delivering sales revenue and growth, improving profitability by managing gross profit margins while growing market share for their assigned region. This position will develop and drive strategic sales activities congruent to the sales vision and in unison with other directors and the National Vice President of Sales. As the Region’s senior-most sales leader, the Director of Sales is accountable for their assigned region’s performance, the profitable achievement of sales goals, and alignment of sales objectives with firm business strategy. This role requires a results-driven, hands-on leader, with a commitment to cultivate and motivate a world-class sales team to drive company success. The Director of Sales often interfaces with clients, vendors, and leaders across the platform to ensure we consistently exceed our customers’ and employees’ expectations. This person will report to the National Vice President of Sales and generally has 5-10 direct reports.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Develop and manage a sales organization that is performance driven, energized, customer focused, profitable, and exceeds performance goals.
· Provide vision, strategy, motivation, and coaching of the sales process with the sales organization.
· Coordinate regional strategies with Operations to ensure consistent use of best practices across the organization.
· Consistently communicate the company vision, strategy, goals and KPI’s to the sales organization.
· Identify where improvements can be made and developing sales plans and strategies to achieve sales goals.
· Review customer activity anticipate consumer needs and improve customer satisfaction.
· Align the sales organization’s objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
· Collaborate with the Marketing function to design and develop robust promotional strategies and campaigns for products and services.
Key Performance Measurements:
· Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
· Other Key Performance Indicators as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 3-5 years of successful experience in business development, sales, project management and customer service.
Minimum 3-5 years leading, motivating and developing multiple direct reports.
Business-to-Business sales, highly preferred.
Previous experience in Industrial Distribution highly preferred.
Must be able to motivate and mentor a sales organization and possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
Track record of building a professional Sales organization that exhibited proven performance year over year.
Exceptional strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting skills.
Keen ability to develop and grow strong customer and vendor relationships.
Successful leadership and associate development skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Microsoft Office Products, HubSpot or similar CRM system experience.
Willing to travel within the contiguous United States.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand up to 8 hours; use hands to type, maneuver, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and must maintain a high level of self-awareness about their surroundings. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is performed primarily in customer facility locations, Concentric office space, hotels, and more. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to heavy requiring hearing protection (customer locations).
The Concentric Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.