As a Sales Manager, you will provide strategic direction and progressive leadership to achieve sales and profit goals within a region, specific line(s) of business or channels. You will design and recommend sales and marketing programs and set short and long-term sales strategies. You will manage a single location with a total sales revenue of up to $50 million and manage a team of direct reports.
- Develops and administers sales plans to ensure customer satisfaction, assigned quota attainment, good reference accounts, and highly skilled and motivated staff.
- Partners with Marketing to develop and implement sales marketing programs and initiatives.
- Determines annual sales and gross profit plan by implementing marketing strategies and analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing sales quota for territories.
- Projects expected sales volume and profit for existing and new product lines and customers.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with market supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Coordinates order service by directing account representatives and executives on quotations, proposals, project order management techniques, and customer complaint resolution.
- Establishes and adjusts billing margin by monitoring costs, competition and market conditions and negotiating cost side levels.
- Manages sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Maintains sales staff results by coaching employees, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Develops and maintains relationships with top customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Forecasts and communicates intricate details to senior business managers.
- interfaces with internal support departments to establish positive customer experience.
- Partners with suppliers to maintain customer relationships, provides training to staff, and executes marketing programs and initiatives.
- Partners with various internal departments to troubleshoot issues such as inventory and operations
- High School degree or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree – Sales, Business Administration, Engineering, or relevant field preferred.
- Prior professional sales experience in related industry/3+ years
- Prior experience with managing a sales team or sales programs/1+ year.
- Working knowledge of business and management principles in strategic planning, resource allocation and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to exercise teamwork, leadership, and flexibility.
- Excellent time management and computer skills.
- 5 years related industry professional sales.
- 2 years managing staff and programs at national, district or regional level.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Working Environment: Outside Sales – Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Wesco”) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
At Wesco, we build, connect, power and protect the world. As a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain solutions, we create a world that you can depend on. Wesco offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions and Utility and Broadband Solutions. Harnessing 100 years of ingenuity and expertise, we increase profitability, improve productivity and mitigate risk for thousands of customers worldwide. With millions of products, end-to-end supply chain services and leading digital capabilities, Wesco provides innovative solutions to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. Wesco operates approximately 800 branches, warehouses and sales offices in more than 50 countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
Our company’s greatest asset is our people. From our corporate and field offices to our distribution sites, Wesco employs over 20,000 professionals around the globe. Wesco is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion across our workforce by embracing the unique perspectives, authenticity and individuality our team members contribute to the company. Be You, Be the Difference, Be your Best!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Wesco is a publicly traded (NYSE: WCC) FORTUNE 500® company.