The Senior Ecommerce Manager, Amazon will report to the AVP, Amazon Account and will be directly responsible for the execution of the strategic growth plan of accounts under their scope. The Senior Ecommerce Manager collaborates closely with the Demand Planning and brand teams as well as internal and external partners to identify and execute all business needs and opportunities to manage the successful execution of all aspects of the business. This position will also be responsible for product catalog data management and assisting other retailer.com channels with their overall needs. The Senior Ecommerce Manager will play an integral role in inspiring a high-performance culture as well as enabling the team’s vision, mission, and values across the company.
Essential Tasks, Duties, & Responsibilities
Strategic Management & Implementation
- Develop and implement strategies to expand the product range or categories in alignment with the company’s overall objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement and manage product launch strategies on Amazon.
- Proactively manage and optimize listings to increase sales and maximize revenue.
- Ownership of a discount/promotional calendar, set up all promotions across all brands, analyze details at the item level for profitability, inventory availability, and sell through.
Vendor Compliance & Relationship ManagementEnsure compliance with Amazon’s rules, regulations, and standards.
- Stay updated with Amazon’s policy changes and ensure their proper implementation within the team.
- Liaise and negotiate with Amazon’s vendor management team to ensure optimal terms for product listings.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders within Amazon.
- Stay abreast of all changes to the Amazon platform; ensure the company is poised to benefit from any feature/product/tool releases to improve productivity and leverage growth opportunities.
Amazon Account Management
- Monitor Amazon product catalog of 2,500+ SKUs and maintain products’ health ensuring correct items are set up, selling, and are in the best condition possible.
- Execute product page maintenance and digital asset execution.
- Track and analyze ASIN performance, rankings, ratings, and customer reviews.
- Build actionable insights from Amazon and other marketplace data analytics to inform strategy.
- Review competitor product listings to identify best practices, new product opportunities, and areas in need of improvements.
- Ability to spot trends and turn insights into actionable items.
- Analyze sales performance on a weekly basis, prepare internal reports, and monitor key metrics such as daily run rate, glance view rate, and conversion rate.
- Conduct business analysis and turn complex data into tangible reports.
- Assist demand planning department with forecasting, and weekly reviews of product demand changes, adjusting procurement schedule as necessary.
- Own product pricing and conduct ROI reviews on major promotions/initiatives.
- Develop and continuously refine an AMS/PPC/DSP strategy to drive profitable growth, ensuring customer acquisition costs fit within product margin model.
- Liaise with Amazon to ensure all paid efforts are running smoothly, with an emphasis on ROI.
- Manage products to include in Ads that align with company focus.
- Analyze advertising methods, generate new ideas, and execute them independently.
Operations & Project Management
- Work to improve overall operating procedures with cross-functional departments.
- Coordinate and manage projects related to the Amazon platform such as new feature or tool implementation.
- Collaborate with the IT team to troubleshoot technical issues that might arise on the Amazon platform.
- Assist Order processing with weekly PO drops.
- Forecast, measure dynamic growth, and plan procurement.
- Upload and optimize product listings, content, visual assets, and conversion rates.
- Oversee Digital Content Specialist and establish standard operating procedures and strategies to ensure success.
- Collaborate with all brand teams to ensure all content and imagery is on plan for every item launching.
- Execute merchandising strategy, harvest keywords, and create SEO enriched content.
- Train and mentor the team in areas such as operational efficiency, data analytics, Amazon’s vendor guidelines, and the company’s business objectives.
- Develop and execute a plan for team growth and career development.
Location: this position is a hybrid role working remote and in the Greater Los Angeles area.