Our staffing agency represents a privately-held Customer and Employee Experience consulting company that operates in 144 countries and is widely considered the global leader in their field.
This 1,500-employee firm, which has earned a 92.5 NPS score (the industry average is 51), is seeking a Strategic Account Executive to sell $500k to $5 million+ ARR software, services, and consulting deals to Fortune 500 companies headquartered in your metro area and state. You will work from their office in Stamford, CT, and conduct face-to-face client meetings across the country.
Our client is a global engagement agency that uses the principles of behavioral economics to produce measurable business results by designing and delivering solutions that engage employees, channel partners, and customers.
They offer a number of solutions including sales incentives, customer engagement marketing, employee recognition and reward programs, promotional marketing, global business solutions, gamification, corporate event solutions, and coalition marketing.
* Individual contributor role, working hybrid from their Stamford, CT office.
* $135k base, plus multiple lines of variable commission (commission, MBOs, company KPIs).
* In 2022, there were multiple $1 million earners and a few dozen $500k+ earners.
* Fortune 500-quality benefits, President’s Club awards, matching 401(k), profit sharing, car allowance.
* You must have experience working a small patch of Fortune/Global 500 accounts and closing $500k to $1 million+ strategic deals across multiple lines of business.
* This is a robust solution with modules that are sold to Marketing, HR, Sales, L&D.
* Major land-and-expand selling motion – there could be 100+ people within each org who can buy.
* Be prepared for an intense interview process, including a face-to-face presentation with the CEO and other senior leaders.
* 4.2 Glassdoor, 97% Approve CEO, 91% Recommend to Friend. 400+ Reviews!
* One employee says: “The CEO has great long-term goals and has a strong moral compass.”
* Hiring managers have been with the company 15+ years and have helped close some of the firm’s largest deals.
* This is a long-term career move, not just a new job. Most of the sales leaders and contributors have 5-, 10- and 15-year+ tenures and turnover is rare.
Official Job Description
Do you live in the New York City metro area? Are you competitive, confident in your ability to sell, assertive, and dependable? Are you curious, have strong business acumen and have a passion for understanding how businesses work? Can you provoke constructive conversation with your customers? Do you work well in a dynamic team environment?
We’re the global leader in solutions that drive measurable results for our clients around the world by inspiring the people who impact their success. We help translate their strategic imperatives into actionable solutions that utilize the principles of behavioral economics to engage, motivate and inspire their employees, sales force, channel partners, and customers delivering measurable results on a local, national, and global level.
We are seeking candidates who can commute to Stamford, CT to join our regional sales team.
The Business Development Director is an individual contributor and is responsible for identifying potential business opportunities, developing relationships, and understanding the customer’s critical business strategies within accounts in the NYC metro area market then working with a team of subject matter experts to create and execute a solution to help achieve the customer’s business objectives.
· Must be able to commute to our Stamford, CT office 3 times a week (when not traveling).
· Minimum seven years of direct B2B sales experience calling on Fortune 1000 companies
· Clear history of new business development selling marketing solutions, or professional business services
· Demonstrable sales success through prospecting and growing revenue in large accounts
· Large volume sales experience ($250k plus per sale)
· Experience with a broad range of sales cycles (three to six to twelve months)
· History of career stability with a maximum of three employers in the last ten years
· Compensation derived through highly leveraged commissions and bonuses
· A four-year college degree is preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products is required; Proficiency with web, SaaS, and mobile applications is a plus
Compensation is not capped and is based on your performance. We offer a base salary, plus commissions tied to revenue production, and a fiscal year bonus calculated based on your revenue productivity and profitability of that revenue. For your first two years, we also offer an opportunity to earn bonuses for achieving key performance indicators tied to sales activities.
Business Development Directors are automatically eligible for a full suite of performance management reward programs, including an annual President’s Club travel award. Other benefits include a car allowance, company laptop, mobile device reimbursement, and a full expense account for client entertainment.