As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This will be a hybrid role, working in the office and occasionally from home. The candidate can expect approximately 70% in-office / 30% remote. The office location for this position is in Lewisville, TX, and all candidates should be able to commute to this location.
For candidates outside of the company, we are looking for proven inside sales supervisory experience. The right external candidate will have previous experience supervising a team of retention or inside sales representatives who are accustomed to retaining small and medium sized business customers.
I. Job Summary
Supervises the Retention Desk. The Retention Desk consists of multiple Account Associates that take inbound cancellation request call activity. Manage Area’s account retention program and assign retention responsibility to the appropriate Account Associate.
II. Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties as assigned.
- Work with Area to establish and or refine sales and retention processes. These processes would include: Call Flow, MAS Cancellation Ticket Process, Communication protocol between sales team and Market Areas. Tracking and reporting procedures, etc.
- Establish and or refine Coaching and Training Protocol. This would include: Daily, weekly, and monthly training regiments for individual reps as well as the team. Coaching should consist of desk side activity as well as remote listening and performance measurement.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing development of the Account Retention team.
- Generates revenue by retaining existing customers and executing the Area’s Sales & Marketing Plan to achieve revenue goals by sales channel ensuring internal revenue growth through additional services and maintaining profitability on retained accounts.
- Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with the Retention Team.
- Handle any escalated customer calls. These calls may include when a customer requests to speak with a Supervisor or with any other customer call.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction on all transactions with existing customers. Communicates to and works with the Inside Sales Manager to help resolve unique customer issues/concerns.
- Supervises activities of the Account Associate department. Ensures team members meet or exceed goals for cancellations, new sales, proactive retention, pricing, service upgrades, referral generation and productivity, along with other possible metrics as defined by the position of an Account Associate.
- Forecasts and recruits qualified candidates for available and/or upgraded inside sales positions.
- Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program to upgrade the skills of assigned sales personnel and develop their opportunities for promotion, if available.
- Establishes and maintains an ongoing proactive account retention program, which includes meeting customer retention goals.
- Works with the Inside Sales Manager to communicate and effectively manage the Area’s price increase strategies including meeting price increase goals.
- Effectively maintains and ensures the use of WM sales tools (i.e. SalesForce, MAS, Pricing Tools, etc.). Ensures that the entire Sales Team is well trained in the use of these tools.
- Analyze net new business trends and recommends corrective actions.
- Provides industry knowledge and interpretation of regulations to staff and customers.
- Participates in and takes ownership of municipal account retention when and if required.
- Regularly meets with customer executives to ensure client needs are met and expectations exceeded.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes direct supervision of up to 25 full-time employees consisting of Account Associates and Sales Coordinators.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Sales/Marketing, Business Administration or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant inside sales leadership experience.
- Experience: 4 years of relevant inside sales leadership work experience (in addition to education requirement). Internal applicants should have demonstrated leadership qualities on their current team in order to be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Or Other Requirements
- None required.
Other Knowledge, Skills Or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office and work from home setting.
You’ll receive a top-notch benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short and Long Term Disability. We have a great Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), a fantastic company match on 401K (4.5% with NO vesting period), unlimited vacation time, and we’ll also pay for 100% of your education!
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”
WM ( WM.com ) is North America’s largest comprehensive waste management environmental solutions provider. Previously known as Waste Management and based in Houston, Texas, WM is driven by commitments to put people first and achieve success with integrity. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides collection, recycling and disposal services to millions of residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. With innovative infrastructure and capabilities in recycling, organics and renewable energy, WM provides environmental solutions to and collaborates with its customers in helping them achieve their sustainability goals. WM has the largest disposal network and collection fleet in North America, is the largest recycler of post-consumer materials and is the leader in beneficial reuse of landfill gas, with a growing network of renewable natural gas plants and the most gas-to-electricity plants in North America. WM’s fleet includes nearly 11,000 natural gas trucks – the largest heavy-duty natural gas truck fleet of its kind in North America – where more than half are fueled by renewable natural gas. To learn more about WM and the company’s sustainability progress and solutions, visit Sustainability.WM.com .
What is the value of a WM job? At WM we know that the value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family. This is why we are constantly working to make WM a great place to work and grow a career. We Are WM is what defines the perks of being in the WM family – from benefits, to resources and engagement activities.
We are People First. We are Committed to Your Growth. We Are Investing in You. We are a Family. We are Stable. We are Always Working for a Sustainable Tomorrow.