We are remote-friendly!
Our clients are mid-market, and regional payers, as well as digital health providers and insure-tech players. We also serve some Provider organizations and specialty networks.
Your mission as the Strategic Account Management Leader will be to guide and manage a team of highly skilled Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) to drive growth, enhance customer relationships, and achieve business objectives. You will play a pivotal role in developing and executing strategies to maximize revenue and profitability from key accounts while ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction and retention. You will serve as the voice of the customer and share insights and feedback to shape the product roadmap and improve delivery and support processes in alignment with client needs.
Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of Strategic Account Managers, providing direction, support, and ongoing coaching to optimize performance and professional growth
- Work closely with other departments, such as Product Development, Operations and Customer Support, to ensure seamless coordination and support for strategic accounts
- Drive a customer-centric approach within the team, ensuring that customer needs are understood, and expectations are consistently met or exceeded
Strategic Planning: Collaborate with the leadership team to set strategic objectives for key accounts and develop actionable plans to achieve them, aligning with the overall company vision
- Oversee the management of key accounts, working closely with SAMs to maintain and enhance customer relationships, address concerns, and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities
- Build and execute a plan that drives growth within accounts
- Lead and coach SAMs in creating account plans, conducting client needs analyses, and identifying strategic initiatives to foster long-term partnerships with clients
Upsell and Cross-sell Strategy: Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to develop effective upselling and cross-selling strategies and drive revenue growth in key accounts.
- Consistently achieve quarterly and annual team goals and quotas
- Lead team members on client growth strategy to drive revenue in existing and new accounts
Client Retention/Client Health:
- Establish robust and long-term customer relationships to champion initiatives that drive decisions, maintaining 100% account retention and growth
- Keep senior management apprised of key customer opportunities, potential risks, and other key nuances which affect the health of the business
- Develop new and innovative ways to share relevant data and insights that tie back to client success drivers through operational reviews to key customer stakeholders as well as Strategic Business Reviews
- Develop and own the Executive Sponsor program for strategic client relationships
Performance Management: Set clear performance metrics and KPIs for the team, monitor performance regularly, and implement improvement plans when needed to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
- Continuously analyze and report on industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities to provide insights that support strategic decision-making.
Behavioral Competencies required:
- Client-centric mindset — focuses on putting the client’s needs first when making decisions and balancing with the needs of employees. All programs implemented and managed are designed to ensure we are meeting the client’s business objectives, increasing product adoption and creating a true partnership.
- Scalability mindset — understands the importance of developing processes and methodologies that are scalable and repeatable so we are able to run as efficiently as possible.
- Expert communicator — has the ability to communicate up to leadership and communicate the right level of detail to the individual contributors. Connects well with clients and can adjust to the client’s needs with ease and flexibility.
- Cross-functional project management – works with multiple teams across the company to help manage complex client implementations and ongoing projects.
- Detail-oriented – digs into the weeds with the individuals on the team to ensure the right processes and programs are being established and implemented. Closely monitors and evaluates the processes and programs in place to ensure they are driving client success, adoption and value. Can quickly pivot or implement changes to adapt to evolving client needs.
- Team Leadership – has experience managing individuals in Client Success, Account Management and/or Project Management. Has the ability to guide and inspire individuals towards achieving their goals, both professionally and personally.
- Growth focused – can lead a team incentivized to retain and grow a book of business.
- Works hard and smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability and working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion and commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks and writes clearly and directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others’ contributions and support each other and drive everyone forward. #OneTeam
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or a related field
- Proven experience (8 – 10 years) in leading and managing a team of Strategic Account Managers or related roles
- Strong understanding of sales strategies, account management practices, and customer relationship management
- Demonstrated success in achieving revenue targets and managing key accounts in a B2B environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement effective sales plans.
- Proficiency in CRM software and sales analytics tools
- Leadership qualities such as coaching, motivation, and decision-making
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to travel up to 20% as needed for client and team meetings